By Dan Olson, Chef/Owner, Railtown Cafe
Yields 15 servings
Sugar (¾ cup)
Creamed corn (3 kg)
Buttermilk (3 cups)
Butter, melted and cooled (2 ¾ cups)
Minced jalapeño (1 ½ cups)
Flour (3 cups)
Cornmeal (3 cups)
Jalepeño jack cheese, grated (3 cups)
Baking powder (3 tbsp)
Baking soda (½ tbsp.)
Salt (4 ½ tbsp.)
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Melt and cool butter to room temperature.
3. Wisk the eggs and sugar together.
4. Add in the buttermilk, melted butter and creamed corn and whisk just until combined.
5. Fold the dry ingredients, cheese and jalapeños, and mix until just combined (lumps are okay)!
6. Pour batter into a parchment-lined baking dish.
7. Bake for 30 minutes, rotate pan and bake an additional 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
8. Let cool completely in pan, wrap and refrigerate. Portion and reheat as needed.
9. Wrap in tin foil and let rest for 40 minutes. Enjoy!
Header image by Jelger & Tanja Photographers