(Recipe yields two pecan pies)
Flour, 470 grams
Ground almonds, 60 grams
Butter, 240 grams
Icing sugar 180 grams
Salt, 1 tsp
- Crumble all dry ingredients together except eggs in a mixing bowl.
- Slowly add eggs and combine until smooth.
- Line the base mixture in two 10-inch circle tart tins.
- Place tins in the oven at 170°C (roughly 340°F) and blind bake (using beans on top of the crust) for approximately 20-25 minutes until the crust is half cooked.
Demerara sugar, 500g
Golden syrup, 612.5g
- Preheat your oven to 175°C (roughly 350°F).
- Melt the butter.
- In a mixing bowl and slowly mix in the eggs, sugar and syrup.
- Incorporate the butter, salt and then the pecans.
- Divide the pecan filling between the two pie crusts and cook for approximately 30 minutes.
- Remove pies from oven and allow to cool before serving.