By Thomas Haas, Thomas Haas Chocolates & Pâtisserie
Yields 8 servings
All-purpose unbleached flour (5 ½ cups)
Granulated sugar (¼ cup)
Baking powder (¼ cup)
Salt (1 tsp)
Butter (1 cup)
Heavy cream (2 ¼ cups)
Fresh thyme (¼ cup)
Lemon zest (1 ½ tsp)
Asiago cheese 1 cm diced (1 ½ cups)
1. Cut cold butter into cubes and chill in freezer 15 minutes.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, parsley, sugar, thyme, baking powder, and salt. Mix well.
3. With pastry blender or fork, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
4. Add cream and filling at the same time and continue mixing just until dough forms.
5. Stir in cream and cheese just until moistened.
6. On floured surface, gently knead dough 8-10 times.
7. Place on cookie sheet. Roll or pat dough into a 6″ round.
8. Cut 8 wedges; separate slightly.
9. Bake until golden, 16 to 18 minutes, rotating sheet halfway. Serve warm.
Visit Thomas Hass Chocolates & Pâtisserie on the North Shore or in Vancouver’s Kitsilano neighbourhood.
Comments are closed.