Puff pastry sheet (10 x 3 inch, rolled thin)
Large onion (1)
Soft goat cheese (170g)
Olive oil (2 tsp)
Toasted walnuts (2 tbsp)
Grape tomatoes (12)
Salt & pepper
Egg (1, beaten)
- Preheat oven to 450 F
- Heat vegetable oil in a small sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add onions and, stirring constantly. Cook until golden brown and evenly caramelized. (Season the onions with salt and pepper and then remove from heat.)
- While the onions are caramelizing, prick the puff pastry all over with a fork, brush with egg wash and bake for 8 minutes.
- Remove pastry from oven and using a spoon, push down the center of the puff pastry to make an indentation for the goat cheese, onion, tomatoes and walnuts.
- Spread the goat cheese in the middle of the pastry and top with the onions, tomatoes and walnuts.
- Place the filled pastries back in the oven for 2 minutes.
- Once the tarts are finished, drizzle olive oil and serve immediately.