By Chef Caitlin Mark, H2 Rotisserie & Bar
For this recipe, H2 uses local chicken from Maple Hill Farms and local honey produced on-site. Prep time: 10 minutes, Cook time approx. 20 minutes
INGREDIENTS | PART 1: SPICE RUB
Skin on boneless chicken breasts (6)
Coarse Kosher salt (1/4 cup)
Brown sugar (1/4 cup)
Chili powder (1/4 cup)
Smoked paprika (2 tbsp)
Canola oil (approx. 1/2 cup)
INGREDIENTS | PART 2: HONEY GLAZE
Unsalted butter (1/4 pound)
Crushed garlic (2 tbsp)
Chili flakes (1 tsp)
Organic honey (1 cup)
DIRECTIONS | PART 1: SPICE RUB
1. Mix dry spices with canola oil until it forms a loose paste
2. Gently rub in spice blend on and under chicken skin, ensuring that the spice rub is spread thinly and evenly across the entire chicken breast on both sides
3. Depending on if you are using a barbecue or an oven:
On the Barbecue:
Grill chicken breasts skin side down for 7 minutes on medium, turn chicken and continue grilling for another 7 minutes depending on the size chicken breast.
In the Oven:
With the oven pre-heated to 400 degrees, lay out chicken breasts in a roasting pan, skin side up, ensuring at least 1 cm between each piece of chicken. Roast chicken in oven uncovered for 18-20 minutes depending on size of chicken breast.
DIRECTIONS | PART 2: HONEY GLAZE
1. Melt butter in a small skillet over low heat
2. Add crushed garlic and chili flakes
3. Lightly sauté garlic and chili flakes for 2 minutes, ensuring to not burn the crushed garlic
4. Add honey and continue to sauté for another 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
5. Glaze chicken periodically during the grilling/roasting. Leave enough glaze to ensure a final post-heat glazing.
Suggested sides: classic coleslaw, roasted potatoes, corn on the cob.
Comments are closed.