Created by Chef Troy Stewartt, The Taphouse Modern Tavern, Coquitlam
The folks at The Taphouse Modern Tavern, in Coquitlam, have shared their coveted recipe with us so you can make it at home.
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, The Taphouse is temporary closed. So if cooking isn’t your thing, they can make this dish for you when they re-open.
Tomatoes (San Marzano Tomatoes – 1L)
Garlic (2 Cloves)
Chili Sauce (Sambal Oleak – 2 tablespoons)
Salt (1 Tablespoon)
Black Pepper (1 Tablespoon)
Oregano (1 Teaspoon)
White Sugar (1 Teaspoon)
Thyme (1 Teaspoon)
Chicken Stock (500ml)
Red Pepper (3)
Green Pepper (3)
Large Red Onion (1)
Andouille Sausage (2 Links)
Shrimp (18 small shrimp, peeled, deveined, tail removed)
Chicken Breast (3)
Black Beans (100ml)
White Rice (500ml)
- Mince garlic with stewed tomatoes, add all ingredients of the sauce recipe into a large pot
- Simmer for 9-12 minutes slow heat
- Set aside
- Dice peppers, onion, sausages, chicken breast
- In skillet pan, lightly saute chicken, until 75% cooked and then add shrimp, sausage, onion, peppers
- After a minute of sauteing, add corn and black beans
- After a minute, add sauce to skillet
- Turn up heat to medium, let sauce come to a boil for two minutes
Serve over cooked white rice. Serves 6.
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, The Taphouse is temporary closed. But they are excited to make this dish for you when they re-open.
2 – 405 North Road
Comments are closed.