By Angie Quaale, Well Seasoned Gourmet Food Store
Vegetable oil (2 teaspoons)
Sliced mushrooms (1 cup)
Chopped red bell pepper (½ cup)
Minced peeled fresh ginger (4 teaspoons)
Garlic cloves (4, minced)
Lemongrass (1 3-inch stalk, halved lengthwise)
Sambal oelek (2 teaspoons)
Chicken stock (3 cups)
Coconut milk (1 ¼ cups)
Fish sauce (4 teaspoons)
Sugar (1 tablespoon)
Shredded cooked chicken breast (2 cups)
Green onion strips (½ cup)
Chopped fresh cilantro (3 tablespoons)
Fresh lime juice (2 tablespoons)
1. Heat a Dutch oven over medium heat.
2. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat.
3. Add mushrooms, bell pepper, ginger, garlic, and lemongrass; cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Add chili paste; cook 1 minute.
5. Add Chicken Stock, coconut milk, fish sauce, and sugar; bring to a simmer.
6. Reduce heat to low; simmer for 10 minutes.
7. Add chicken to pan; cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated.
8. Discard lemongrass. Top with onions, cilantro, and lime juice.
Learn more about the cooking classes, products, and more at Well Seasoned Gourmet Food Store in Langley.
Comments are closed.