By Angie Quaale, Well Seasoned Gourmet Food Store
Vegetable oil (2 teaspoons)
Sliced mushrooms (1 cup)
Chopped red bell pepper (½ cup)
Minced peeled fresh ginger (4 teaspoons)
Garlic cloves (4, minced)
Lemongrass (1 3-inch stalk, halved lengthwise)
Sambal oelek (2 teaspoons)
Chicken stock (3 cups)
Coconut milk (1 ¼ cups)
Fish sauce (4 teaspoons)
Sugar (1 tablespoon)
Shredded cooked chicken breast (2 cups)
Green onion strips (½ cup)
Chopped fresh cilantro (3 tablespoons)
Fresh lime juice (2 tablespoons)
1. Heat a Dutch oven over medium heat.
2. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat.
3. Add mushrooms, bell pepper, ginger, garlic, and lemongrass; cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Add chili paste; cook 1 minute.
5. Add Chicken Stock, coconut milk, fish sauce, and sugar; bring to a simmer.
6. Reduce heat to low; simmer for 10 minutes.
7. Add chicken to pan; cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated.
8. Discard lemongrass. Top with onions, cilantro, and lime juice.