From: Pacific Gateway Hotel, Richmond
Ground Elk / Pork (2.27 kg)
Worcestershire Sauce (15 ml)
Kosher Salt (5 g)
Pepper (5 g)
Steel Cut Oats (500 g)
Bacon or Bacon Ends (1000 g)
1. Medium Dice the bacon or bacon ends.
2. Cook until just before crispy. Allow to cool slightly.
3. Add all fat and bacon to a large mixing bowl.
4. Add pork and Elk to the mixing bowl.
5. Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl.
6. Mix well by hand or with a large mixer in small batches.
7. Pan fry small patty to test seasoning. Adjust if needed.
8. Make patties of any size or shape and chill for 2 hours in fridge.
9. Sear in pan or cook on BBQ.
10. Serve on your choice of bun, with cranberry barbecue sauce (recipe follows), and other toppings as desired.
Gluten Free Cranberry Barbecue Sauce
Garlic Peeled & Minced (15 G)
Onion, finely chopped (100 G) Jumbo
Ground Cumin (5 g)
Ground Coriander (5 g)
Chili Garlic Sauce (15 g)
Red Wine Vinegar (200 ml
Balsamic Vinegar (100 ml)
Worcestershire Sauce (50 ml)
Tamari Soy Sauce (200 ml)
Golden Yellow Sugar (200 g)
Ketchup (400 ml)
Cranberry Sauce, Whole berry (500 ml)
1. Saute garlic, onion and spices.
2. Add liquids, except ketchup, and bring to a boil.
3. Once at a boil, add sugar and reduce sauce to ¾.
4. Pour the sauce into a large bowl and allow to cool slightly.
5. Add ketchup, and puree until smooth.