By Dan Olson, chef/owner, Railtown Catering
Brioche bread (2 loaves, diced into cubes)
Celery (4 stalks, diced)
Small yellow onion (1, diced)
Garlic (4 cloves, chopped)
Fresh sage (½ bunch, chopped)
Fresh thyme (¼ bunch, chopped)
Dried apricots (1 small handful, diced)
Roasted chestnuts (1 cup, chopped)
Toasted pine nuts (¼ cup)
Butter (½ pound)
Reserved turkey fat/drippings
Turkey stock (3 cups)
Whole eggs (4 , whisked together)
Old bay seasoning spice (1 tbsp)
Juice from one orange
Salt and cracked black pepper to taste
1. In an oven preheated to 350°F, toast the brioche cubes into golden brown croutons with garlic oil and salt. Set aside.
2. Sauté the onion, celery, garlic, thyme, sage and seasonings together in the reserved turkey dripping and butter.
3. In a large mixing bowl, add the croutons, chestnuts, pine nuts, sautéed vegetables, orange juice, turkey stock and eggs. Season with salt and pepper, mix and place into a casserole dish.
4. Cover with tin foil and bake for approximately 45 minutes at 350°F.
5. Serve with juicy turkey and gravy.